Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Shim an existing vinyl replacement window

If he did what you aid, the frame would be bowed in the middle or separated
at corners. Is it possible that some insulating strips are missing that go
between window and frame channels.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Joe. However, it appears to me that the person who installed
just bought windows that were 1/2" too small. It seems that when he
screwed the window frame to the house, it pulled the frame away from
the actual window. That would account for the 1/8" gap between the
window and the frame. To be sure I am explaining this correctly, I
uploaded a picture of the window he
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41436756@N00/393021771/
Thanks again for your help Joe!