Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default air conditioner circuit breaker trips

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:11:12 GMT, (Ron in
NY) wrote:

"A.Taylor" wrote:

I live in Dallas and the weather has been very nice until today. Today I
decided to use the central A/C, the unit ran without incident for maybe 20
minutes than the circuit breaker tripped. I reset the breaker and 10 minutes
later again the circuit breaker tripped

That's because IT'S WINTER. You should have saved the cold from last
month and used it now. They make insulated containers for this.

(The a/c was cold before the breaker
tripped and returned cold after I flipped the breaker). What is going on
here?

I believe I have a heat pump unit (you know the one that gets cold but not
as cold as someone with a regular unit). Thanks in advance.

================================================= ==============
My mom lived in a condo before her death. The second year that she lived there,
the central A/C unit would pop the breaker 2 or 3 times a day. I would have to
go over there and reset it for her. The A/C was freezing cold, and I saw no

I would have gotten a big stick, so you could flip the breaker from
your house.

reason for the breaker tripping. It followed no pattern--sometimes it would run
for 10 minutes and trip, and other times a few hours. I finally got fed up of
going over there multiple times a day, and got another double pole 30 amp
breaker, and installed it--problem solved--it never tripped again--some breakers
do get weak. Try a new breaker.

Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.