Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Basic DC electricity question

On 17 Feb 2007 06:44:49 -0800, "Redbelly"
wrote:

On Feb 15, 12:42 pm, Mark Lloyd wrote:

OK, I left something out (saying to use 6V, or clarifying what "big
enough" means). That's no excuse to stick in something that doesn't
belong.

Mark,

If I may interject here ... The discussion was about connecting 6V
lamps to a 12V supply. As you said, you didn't mention anything about
changing the supply to 6V.

The discussion was about 6V lamps, "12V" was a later addition, which I
posted an ALTERNATIVE to. Sorry for not making things clearer.

I didn't say 6V because it was ALREADY 6V, as appropriate for a 6V
lamp (perhaps I underestimated people's lack of knowledge). As I did
mention, it would have been better to have included that information
anyway. I apologize for the mistake I did make, just not for the one I
didn't.

It's perfectly reasonable for Doug to
assume you were still talking about a 12V supply. End of story.

Respectful regards,

Mark

--
Mark Lloyd