Posted to alt.home.repair
Deke Deke is offline

Default upgrading electrical service in an old house

On 17 Feb 2007 06:53:00 -0800, "russ-bo"
wrote:

We have purchased a home built in 1890 that requires an electric
upgrade. It is currently 100A and we would like to upgrade to at
least 200A. The electric runs from a pole behind our backyard, then
underground for about 100 feet, directly into our basement. We live
in the Boston area. About how much should we plan to spend? Any
thoughts on ranges greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

I'd guess in range of $5,000 to $12,000 if you hire it done legally.

You can do it yourself for about $900 but may run into trouble when
you sell.