Posted to rec.woodworking

Default If this is global warming...

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:05:48 GMT, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:
On Feb 17, 12:36 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article . com,

wrote:
(what they usually mean is western
civilization man-made and caused. CO2 from China and other developing
industrial nations apparently has no effect).

Again, I'd like to know what data you used to reach that conclusion.

That's an inference, drawn from the fact that the Kyoto Protocol exempts

China
and other developing industrial nations from the restrictions that it imposes
on Western industrial democracies.

IOW it was a conclusion reached without any consideration of
scientific data.

You're completely missing the point, Fred.

If excess CO2 emission is a terrible thing that's going to bring about the end
of the world as we know it --- why are emission restrictions imposed only on
Western industrial democracies, and not on the developing industrial nations
such as China and India?

Kyoto says, basically, CO2 emitted by the US, Germany, UK, Canada, and Japan
causes global warming and must be severely reduced -- but CO2 emitted by China
and India is OK.

What conclusions do *you* draw from that?

It ain't worth it Doug. Lefists have absolutely zero appreciation of
irony nor any trace of sense of humor. Fred will continue to press me for
not providing scientifically verified proof that CO2 emissions from China
and the third world do not contribute to global warming, failing to see the
fact that the statement was an ironic jest poking fun and pointing out the
politically motivated, agenda driven parties that crafted the Kyoto
protocol.