Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Lath & Plaster ceiling

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 18:28:02 +0000, John wrote:

Got up the steps to patch some lifted wallpaper on a ceiling and found
that it had lifted due the ceiling having dropped a bit. I am suspecting
that someone had put weight on the L & P at some time - or the nibs of
plaster have just failed over time.

I am wondering if there is a fix - such as generous squirts of No More
Nails from above and then propping the sagged ceiling back up to the laths
- or do I have to accept it is a lost cause and rip it all down (ugh the
though of the mess in the new bathroom!!) The insulation is that blown in
recycled newspaper stuff which would all need moving.

Prop the sagging bit from below. Clean the affected area thoroughly (top)
with a vacuum cleaner. Make a sloppy mix of plasterboard bonding
plaster (or 'One coat' plaster) and spread in a layer about 1" thick
working it into the broken nibs. Make sure you wet well the area before
applying the wet mix. This usually works quite well for small areas.

Cic.

--
Testing UBUNTU Linux