Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Running electric cable in concrete floor

Broadback wrote:
I am approaching the end of refurbishing my daughters house. Given the
choice I would have sorted the kitchen first, however it is my daughters
house and she wanted the kitchen left to last.
Now I am approaching the time to run the elect-trickery into the
kitchen. The distribution box is in the hall way which has a hatch into
the hollow floor which extends up to the kitchen where it is concrete. I
thought that I would run the cables up to this then cut channels into
the concrete and run the cabling in trunking bedded in this, the
concrete will be eventually tiled over. Is this feasible and any tips
please?

Personally I just case them in the concrete..keeps em cool ;-)