Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Big oak and your foundation

On Feb 17, 9:52�am, " wrote:
On Feb 17, 9:28 am, Tazz wrote:

I have a big oak in my front yard. *Gorgeous tree. It was planted by
the original owner in 1978. As you an imagine it is large. The roots
have really screwed up my driveway. And i am sure it is already under
the house.

What can you do?

I have heard guys tell me to go out as far as I can an dig a ring and
then cut all the roots I can see,. Cut a 3 foot piece out of them and
that will stop alot ( not al) of the roots getting up under the
foundation of the house.]

This doesnt seem right with me but had to ask if there are
alternatives OTHER than cutting down,

thanks in advance

Tazz

An Arborist is trained to deal with this kind of problem.
TB- Hide quoted text -

Trees rarely cause troubles UNDER homes, other than clogged sewer
lines. They do lift sidewalks.

Trees do damage homes in storms but add greatly to homes value,
espically trees like oaks.

sometimes thousands of dollars