Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Cut my workmate front panel in 2

On 16 Feb 2007 19:45:36 -0800, "Life_Is_Good_In_Austin"
wrote:
Then if it still fails, what would you recommend to use as a
replacement panel. I'm looking for something hard enough that would
not warp?

My newer Workmate has a bamboo top! The older one has particle board.

An excellent and easier to find replacement would be "REAL" 3/4"
cabinet grade birch or oak plywood. By real, I mean the stuff with 12
or so plies vs. 5-6. It'll stay flat, it's easy to work, and you can
optionally coat it with polyurethane on both sides.

Check your local yellow pages for cabinet shops. One of them might
sell (or possibly give) you a scrap large enough for the Workmate top.
If you're really lucky, you might even stumble upon a scrap of walnut,
mahogany, or cherry! G

Are any of your golf club customers contractors? They might provide a
name as a favor.