Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default Will this fit tighten with glue?

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Toller wrote:
I am using some coat pegs that measure 0.493". That is a pretty sloppy
fit in a 0.500" hole, but other than hoping I can find an undersized
drill bit, I am not sure what to do about it.

Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Drill 17/32" dia holes and use epoxy.

Lew

I can see using the epoxy but I have to marvel at the wisdom of drilling
the holes, already slightly loose, .031 larger than they already are. Is
this to give the epoxy room to swell?

Bill

rascal less in the world.
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000714-2, 02/16/2007
Tested on: 2/17/2007 2:24:09 AM