Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Septic Systems

On Feb 16, 8:35�pm, (lp13-30) wrote:
FWIW, I have had my washer draining into my front yard for the entire 29
years I have lived here, mainly because of the septic, but also to water
the yard. It is a very old Wards(Norge)washer with a huge tub that uses
a LOT of water. I have a friend (also on septic) who has a 55 gallon
barrel on it's side in the crawl space under his house with the washer
draining into the top of it, and a large diameter garden hose attatched
to a fitting on the bottom so he can move it around the yard. I also
have a customer/friend who is on city sewer, but drains her washer into
a plastic trash can, and waters the yard with it by siphoning it out
with a hose, just to not waste the water. Unless you have some really
nosey and troublemaking neighbors, you should be able to drain the
washer outside somewhere without any big problems. BTW, the soap and
bleach should not harm the grass or plants. *Larry

if the authorties find out around here its a BIG deal. I heard they
REQUIRED a person to install a whole new mound system then 3 years
later sewers arrived and 5 grand tap in fee plus new lines. the poor
fellow put 25 grand in sewage and ended up selling the property since
he couldnt afford the payments