Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default Getting Rid of Mice in Basement

wrote:

My wife noticed mouse droppings in our basement today (we live in
Cincinnati). I am a little bit puzzled because we don't take food
down to the basement, and we don't have mice on the upper floors of
our 2-story house. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the
mice are attracted to water -- sometimes we leave open containers
while washing clothes. I have never had to deal with this type of
problem before, and I am hoping that I can get good suggestions here
as to how to get rid of the mice.. Thanks,

JD

They could be nesting *anywhere* in the house.
Garage, attic, wall stud spaces, crawl space...
And it can be very difficult to find all the tiny
openings they can use to get in/out.

A cat (2 are better) is one help.

Jim