Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathtub overflows

On Feb 16, 12:51?pm, Goedjn wrote:
On 15 Feb 2007 15:39:14 -0800, wrote:

When I plug stopper at the bottom of the bath tub and turn on the
water, after sometime the bathtub overflows. The overflow drain at the
top of the tub does not seem to be doing it's job. The outflow is less
than the intake. My house is one year old. My builder won't accept
that it is problem. Is this normal and acceptable? Is there any
california safety requirement for bathtubs?

It meets code, it's legal, and it's not a safety hazard.
That doesn't mean it's right, but you probably can't make
the builder fix it.

I tried mine out of curosity the same thing occurs here, Tub and home
new in 1950........

I suppose you could throttle down supply valves so input and ouput
roughly match but theres no way to prevent every home disaster.

just pay your homeowners insurance