Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Question about septic systems

My wife & I are considering buying a house with a septic tank. I have never
lived in a property that had such a system, but have always heard they can
be troublesome (most things can, I guess). System is described by MLS as
"Two bedroom septic", which I gather indicates its capacity. If anyone can
give me some feedback on just how problematic septic systems can be, any
questions I might ask the realtor when we see the house for the 1st time (he
probably won't KNOW, but at least I'LL look like I DO ;-), any other general
comments on septics, etc. There would be just the 2 of us living in the
house, which is located in the Seattle area.

TIA

Dan