Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh William R. Walsh is offline

Default SquareTrade

Hi!

I am not impressed. Too many loop-holes for them.

I've seen a lot of things sold on eBay by sellers that use SquareTrade
services. I've even bid on a few, and so far it seems that there is
*nothing* SquareTrade won't put a warranty on. Two notable items I've
purchased come to mind as having carried an offer for SquareTrade
warranties--an IBM 8507 CRT display and a ~1988 era IBM M-ACPA sound card.

How they think they'd replace either item--or even offer "reasonable"
replacement price--is beyond me. I would say they certainly have a pretty
good chance of using those loopholes.

William