Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Cut my workmate front panel in 2

Life_Is_Good_In_Austin wrote:

I should never use power tools when I'm tired, i know better, but ...

I have made a perfect strait cut all the way through the front panel
of my workmate with my circular saw.

Any suggestion to repair or replace it?

Very straight forward.

Take a 1x4 piece, wrap it with clear packing tape, then C-clamp to the
underside of the cut part.

Cover front and back edges with more packing tape to seal the cut edge.

Pour in epoxy, maybe 1/2 full at most, and allow to dry.

Keep an eye on the tape edges to insure epoxy doesn't drain out of cut.

Next day, fill proud with more epoxy and let set up.

Wait 48 hours, remove tape and 1/4, sand as req'd.

You are good to go.

SFWIW, been there, done that, don't need the T-Shirt.

Lew