Posted to uk.education.schools-it,uk.d-i-y
Tx2 Tx2 is offline

Default Moving a projector in a school

In article , Lurch
of , felt we'd be interested in the
following...

So really then, you're decision on his competence shouldn't count for
anything here either.

I, as a colleague, observe him carrying out the task and believe he is
competent to do so. That is my opinion based on a variety of factors
centering on common sense, and it very much counts "here" so far as this
thread is concerned at least.

Right, so he's probably as competent as many PAT testers out there
then.

There is no probably about it AFAIC.

This slightly long, off topic, splinter thread just goes to show that
without knowing all the facts then some generalisations come out that,
whilst being correct, may bear not a great deal of relevance to the
topic in hand.

I never generalised. I've explained why our establishment carries out
'on site' testing and who does it. Your generalisations were incorrect
in respect of our site.

You implied incompetence before you knew the facts and expressed
uncertainty over the legality of the procedure.

We didn't just go out and buy a PAT tester and declare ourselves 'fit
for purpose' - although I suspect that does occur - we had a financial,
operational and legal reason to do so.

Some valid points raised but I'll leave it there.

I suppose that's one way to admit you are wrong.

HAND.

--
My reply address is invalid.
Please post replies to the group.