Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default OT Windows Vista Warning

On 2007-02-16 23:26:04 +0000, Malcolm Race said:

Ater a torrid time trying to help a friend install Virgin (aka NTL
Broadband on a new Dell laptop with Vista installed I have been told
categorically by the Virgin helpline that they do no support Vista.
Slightly alarming as it seems that all new computers ship with Vista
pre-installed.

Brownie points to Dell who are sending a copy of XP so that I can
'downgrade' the machine and get it working. BUT wearing another hat
where I deal with the corporate side of Dell I am thold that they would
not think of shipping a machine with Vista!

Malcolm

It rather demonstrates that Microsoft has shipped garbage yet again and
the industry continues to suck it up.