Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default OT Windows Vista Warning

On Feb 16, 11:26 pm, Malcolm Race wrote:
Ater a torrid time trying to help a friend install Virgin (aka NTL
Broadband on a new Dell laptop with Vista installed I have been told
categorically by the Virgin helpline that they do no support Vista.
Slightly alarming as it seems that all new computers ship with Vista
pre-installed.

Brownie points to Dell who are sending a copy of XP so that I can
'downgrade' the machine and get it working. BUT wearing another hat
where I deal with the corporate side of Dell I am thold that they would
not think of shipping a machine with Vista!

Most graphics cards will fail with it so I imagine Vista is going to
go down as the ME of NT.

And that Vista loaded computers will sell a lot cheaper than Xp loaded
ones. And to think the Xp does not even support DVD!

As soon as Vista came out all the companies supported by or
responsible for RIAA started to wake up and smell the coffee. Even
Steve Jobs realises that there is no future in computing for DRM.

So where did your friend get his PC from? A second hand shop? Is he
totally illiterate? Or was he off-planet when he started thinking
about getting a new machine?