Posted to misc.consumers.house
John A. Weeks III John A. Weeks III is offline

Default Replacing Carpet Impact on Resale Value

In article .com,
"Kirk" wrote:

The carpet in our current house is not great, but not horrible
either. It is a neutral cream color, but is worn with some
imperfections around vents, bannister, etc. We could have it cleaned
and it would look good enough to sell, but not great. If we plan on
selling withing 6-12 months and we replace the carpet soon, will we be
very likely to recoup that money in resale value?

In a slow housing market like we have now, the issue is not so
much recovering your money, but rather, making any kind of sale.
Anything you can do to make your house show will is critical.
You don't want to give someone an excuse to move on when there
are so many other houses on the market and so many of those are
cutting their prices trying to make any kind of sale.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com