Posted to rec.woodworking

Default If this is global warming...

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:00:35 -0600, Bob Schmall wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:16:58 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

Bob Schmall wrote:

The point is that global warming is a fact--even Shrub acknowledges
it--and regardless of its causes there is great potential danger for
millions of people and billions of dollars in property.

But will it warm us tomorrow?

So, it's a good theory because Bush acknowledges it? Or we are supposed
to believe it because Bush acknowledges it? Bush doesn't get everything
right and has been known to do some things for political expediency --
this appears to be one of them.

Shrub sucking up to the left.
Right.

Wow, you haven't seen evidence of that? And you call the members of the
right narrow-minded and unable to see the obvious?

Let's see, just a couple of examples, one recent, one not so recent:
1. Let Teddy Kennedy write the education bill early in Bush's presidency.
Teddy ain't exactly John Birch society material. Sucking up to the left?
Absolutely, since Bush was readily willing to chuck one of the pillars of
his original plan -- school choice in the name of "bipartisanship"

2. When John Murtha made his traitorous statements yesterday regarding the
attempt to assure the defeat of our troops, as well as the "non-binding"
resolution demonstrating to the terrorists our country's divided house and
that some are willing to surrender to the terrorists, all that the White
House could come up with was Tony Snow's comment to the press, saying the
administration does not doubt Congress' patriotism but cautioned against
denying funding to the military effort. That is hardly the makings of a
strong stand against the left and closer to sucking up to them.

Other examples abound, including stands on the border and willingess to
accept numerous other leftist domestic plans. Signing that egregious
violation of the first amendment (campaign finance reform bill) serves as
another example.

No doubt he was softening them up to give him $225 billion more for that
sinkhole of a war.