Posted to uk.education.schools-it,uk.d-i-y
Tx2 Tx2 is offline

Default Moving a projector in a school

In article , Lurch
of , felt we'd be interested in the
following...

By competent, do you mean competent as in 'are trained to operate the
test equipment and have certificates to show this' or competent as in
'they look like they know what they're doing to me'?

What do I consider competent? Or are you asking me to define competent?

The former I would suggest is anyone who can demonstrate they have the
skill to carry out the task, i.e. previous experience, training and so
on.

The latter is down to personal interpretation I feel.

If you can offer legislation which states someone must be specifically
trained, certified or whatever is required, i'd be interested to read
it.

I never said they had to be specifically trained

I never said you did. But you suggested paying someone was the preferred
way to go. I disagree.

but to just buy a PAT tester and have anyone test
appliances is not what is meant by competent.

I never said it was.

Out site manager has the competence, experience and training to carry
out the task, or train others to do it.

--
My reply address is invalid.
Please post replies to the group.