Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default How to concoct "pickpocket proof(ish)" money/passport, well, thingie?

In article .com,
Lawrence wrote:

Well shucks if you had time to shop I would reccomend an ankle
wallet. This is what I have used and you forget it's there after a
while. You could use a velcro stap to attach a ziplock to you leg I
guess.

If you don't have time to shop then put passport and travelers checks
it in a clear ziplock down in the front of your pants in your
underwear. Your underwear will keep it in place. Wear a loose shirt
that will cover it. Customs will not blink when you open your pants
to get it out, hehe. I like the drawstring buttonhole idea too.

Moneybelts are used by most people. You can buy one at the airport.
I like the wallets that hang on a string around your neck even
better. The string is adjustable so you can have it either under your
shirt or pants. Both styles I have seen at the airport. I like the
wallet better because you have to remove it form your pants to open
it.

You are required to believe the stories about pickpockets in Latin
America it's a real shame. I have had them put their hand right into
my pocket hence the name. Once they cut the bottom of my knapsack and
got some oranges. Another time I wore a fanny pack as a decoy and
they got some note cards. You can wear one or two decoys like that
when unsure of your safety.

There are many stories but the main thing is to resist when being
robbed in public. I like to make a karate chop straight down on the
culprits arm while making a loud scream something like WTF really
loud. They are very alert and will remove their hand before you can
chop them and will dissapear before you can even indentify them.
Believe it.

Nice ideas, especially the one about the airport-shops selling
them!

Lots of ideas you've got, plus experience up the gazoo;
you sure seem to know what you're talking about.

Nifty idea about the decoys!

THANKS, ALL!

David