Posted to alt.home.repair
hillacc at yahoo.com hillacc at yahoo.com is offline

Default Propane vs Natural Gas

Perhaps where you live, everyone has the ability to hook up to a
natural gas utility. There are large areas of the country where
that's not the case.

Jo Ann

On Feb 15, 11:24 pm, wrote:
Would someone please fill me in on why we use propane and not natural
gas? I read the Wikipedia article at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propane

and I still don't understand the difference. I do know that propane
appliances such as ranges require adjustment to or different burners
for each. Why not eliminate this problem and just use LNG only? In
terms of household heating the only difference then would be that in
one case you have a pipe coming in from the utility and in the other
you have a big tank in the back/front yard and a tanker comes and
fills you up from time to time. Or for your barbeque you go to the
home center and instead of propane you get a tank or a refill of LNG.