Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Sylvania remote or tv problem

Meat Plow wrote:

-snip-
Most new universal remotes should have the correct code for a 5 year old
TV. My educated guess would be the TV is at fault.

Thanks-

My guess was uneducated, but it was the same. My question was is
there some way to confirm that without the TV?

Neither of them is very mobile- mom's got a bad knee and dad just
broke his hip so it seems to me a remote would be a necessity. But
they are old school and have done without it for a couple months. ["We
only have 3 channels and don't watch that much TV. . . the volume
control would be handy sometimes. . ."]

They are also resistant to change or I'd just show up at their door
with a new 27" & tell them I'll get their old one fixed for them. If
it *is* the remote, they would rather just have a new remote.

Jim