Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Turner Turner is offline

Default Which Midi lathe?

On 15 Feb 2007 22:47:02 -0800, "
wrote:

You would probably get more responses if you didn't request the
removal of this message in less than a week.

Thank you for your kind advice. I have reset my Newsreader
to archive, to generate more respond.

Looks like a drive by, which is perfectly OK, but they don't always
get much response.

I have been lurking here for years and have never post any
message. I am aware this question and similar ones had been
posted umpteen times. I don't write well and to avoid taking
too much bandwidth, I take hours to compose each message. I
am seeking advices and suggestions from experienced turners,
to avoid pitfalls and to save a few bucks if possible.

I need a good midi lathe for small repetitive turning with
copying attachment. I have no desire to upgrade to a bigger
lathe. The lathe needs to have hollow spindle for turning
dowel or rod end later. I have a budget of 1K. I am trying
to spend $400 or less on the lathe and the balance for tools
and accessories. I do have experienced on a metal lathes but
not on wood lathes other than the Craftsman that I mentioned
earlier. Should I buy from PennState or look elsewhere?
Should I buy a used midi lathe (prefer) and where to find
one? I have not found one in craiglist and I dun trust Ebay.
Your advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Start he

http://tinyurl.com/3xxnc2

Then try searching this group with "which midi lathe" and you will get
about 450 hits.

Robert