Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Hey Fred Holder - congrats!

Fred:

Just saw your article in the international version of Woodturning.
Nicely done! I didn't know we had an internationally known author in
our midst!

I always wanted that little Vic as I had a friend that got one. At
the time he got his though, the castings were more than I paid for my
Jet mini, and his didn't come with a motor! He wound up getting a
motor from one of the surplus guys mentined here from time to time,
but with an extra pulley he was still in the $550 - $600 range many
years ago. To compare, I got my Jet mini when it first came out in
'97 -'98 for +/- $249 at Woodcraft.

Probably due to the competition it has now, but the Jet mini can be
had for less now than when it was introduced 10 years ago.

One day when I grow up, I would love to have a big Vic. One of the
guys in my club has a 300 series, and it is a monster. But it runs so
smooth I think you could turn a seam ripper on it.

Anyway, good work. Went you went down under did you bring back or
ship any kinds of good turning wood?

Robert