Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for good quality replacement sliding doors

"Harry K" wrote in message
Sliders are an abortion that should be banned by the code. At
best they do not seal as well as normal doors and they are a
maintenance problem.

When I put on an addition the wife insisted that it have a sliding
door. I tried to change here mind but...so slider it was. Quality
Anderson door, and it wasn't but a couple years before she agreed with
me. Still stuck with it and still fighting the maintenance.

Harry Still stuck with it and still fighting the maintenance K

What maintenance? My old cheap door was a PITA, but the Pella that has been
in for about 12 years now is a well built 8' slider that gives us a nice
view into the woods. It has needs no maintenance at all, aside form normal
washing of the glass.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but I'd put another slider in tomorrow. We
love it, even in the very cold weather so we can watch the snow while
keeping warm.