Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

Default Whole House Water Filters

I installed an osmossis filter from ebay for about $125 and swear by
them. There is no better water filter available.

The only drawback is that it uses a little extra water in the
process.

On 15 Feb 2007 08:33:32 -0800, "Jerry"
wrote:

I am looking for advice on water filters/softeners.

We live in Idaho. Our water isn't too bad. It is city water and has
some slight taste to it. It is also somewhat hard (compared to our
previous house in Colorado), but enough different that we can tell
just in how our hair feels when it is washed.

Now we just bought a new house that is plumbed for a softener
(probably just the hot water or water line that doesn't include the
kitchen or refigerator lines). We would like to make the water taste
better and perhaps be a little bit softer. Since we have been busy
with other aspects of moving in, we haven't had a water test done yet.

I guess I am looking for advice on what we should be looking for and
how to best go about it.

Thanks,

Jerry

For email replies, replace "junk1" with "jerry" in my posted email
address.