Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Looking for good quality replacement sliding doors

On Feb 15, 6:22 pm, "vic" wrote:
Have a sliding glass door in the kitchen which is letting in cold air
causing a chilly kitchen.
The original was a builders grade which is 18 years old.
I want to replace the sliders with a new set and am looking for advice
on which companies make the best sliding doors. Thanks for your help

To replace with a new brand you will have to replace the tracts also,
IOW, total removal and replace. Why not do it right and put in real
doors? Sliders are an abortion that should be banned by the code. At
best they do not seal as well as normal doors and they are a
maintenance problem.

When I put on an addition the wife insisted that it have a sliding
door. I tried to change here mind but...so slider it was. Quality
Anderson door, and it wasn't but a couple years before she agreed with
me. Still stuck with it and still fighting the maintenance.

Harry Still stuck with it and still fighting the maintenance K

Harry K