Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE range self-cleaning locking mechanism

On Feb 15, 5:58�pm, "dpb" wrote:
On Feb 15, 3:08 pm, "dpb" wrote:

Anybody here happen to know where the oven-locking mechanism solenoid
for an older GE range is actually located before I start a disassembly
spree? *Rear or under cooktop?

Also, is there any way to release the lever manually after cooling?

OK, the solenoid is under the cooktop on top of the range just behinde
the locking handle -- but, it ain't the problem. *Coil measures 150
ohm and unlocking switch tests good, but no juice to coils when press
so it appears the "temperature cool" interlock is the problem.

So, revised question is, anybody know where it is and how to check its
operation? *I expected a wiring diagram on back cover, but was
disappointed so have no further info. *Will go look at GE to see if
anything available, but figured would see if anybody here has directly
futzed w/ one...

try removing the top rear cover, sometimes the drawing is inside there
to protect it