Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default How to concoct "pickpocket proof(ish)" money/passport, well, thingie?

(David Combs) wrote in
:

Saturday AM am heading off to Guatemala (2 wk Spanish course);
everything I read says there's PICPOCKETS GALORE down there.

Now, a waist-pack can probably have its belt cut in .5 seconds
with a arazor in the hands of one of these people.

Not without you KNOWING about it.Especially if you wear the bag in front.
It's not easy cutting thru the nylon belt,either.Some have kevlar or steel
cords to prevent cutting,too.

(Or maybe not;' maybe it's the best you can do?)

Too late for me to go to a store (Manhattan, say) and
buy something, way too busy getting ready, etc.

So, what can be concocted at home?

I assume I am supposed to carry my passport at all times?

Thus, I should be able to carry that in whatever concoction.

I'd think that something worn UNDER the clothes would
be savest -- they've got to strip you clean to get at it!

Ideas? Experience?

THANKS!

David

get a "Thunderwear" rig;it's a under-the-pants pouch designed to hold a
handgun and spare mags without detection,but it would work great for
holding a passport or other valuables too.They come in 3 sizes,and are
often sold on Ebay.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik