Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique Jay Pique is offline

Default Corner Chisel for routed hinge mortises

On Feb 15, 8:45 pm, "Jay Pique" wrote:
On Feb 13, 7:55 pm, "Morris Dovey" wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

| Anyone here use the Lee Valley magneticcornerchisel for squaring
| up hinge mortises that you've routed? Or anycornerchisel, for
| that matter. I was cleaning up a bunch today and was thinking that
| one might be quicker - and cleaner. Any thoughts?

I have the LV model; but haven't used it for hinge mortises. I like it
but would like it a lot better if the magnets were about twice as
strong.

Thanks, Morris. I saw the PC model Dan G. uses, which doesn't rely on
magnets. I think I'll go with that one. What would be the benefit of
having magnets hold the chisel, versus the PC style? Anyone know?
JP

Grizzly has what appears to be the same thing for $5.95, versus $17
for the PC.
JP