Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Will this fit tighten with glue?

Toller wrote:

I am using some coat pegs that measure 0.493". That is a pretty sloppy fit
in a 0.500" hole, but other than hoping I can find an undersized drill bit,
I am not sure what to do about it.
Presumably the glue will swell the pieces a bit; but will it be enough for a
secure installation?
The pegs are a bit too expensive to waste one on a test.

Do you have a wooden handled hammer? Look at how the handle is attached
to the head. Use the same technique. cut a slot in the end of your
pegs. Cut some wooden wedges slightly larger than the slot. When you
assemble the parts, the wedges willl spread the two halves of the
slotted peg enough to tighten them in the holes.