Posted to uk.education.schools-it,uk.d-i-y
Tom Woods Tom Woods is offline

Default Moving a projector in a school

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:31:35 +0000, J Barron
wrote:

We wanted to move a projector & interactive board from one room to
another. The caretakers have said they'll move these so no problems
there. However the new location doesn't have a spur for the projector
coming from the mains. Would it be acceptable to put an extension lead
in trunking coming from the projector back to a normal socket on the
wall? Could the audio/VGA leads be included in this same trunking or
should separate trunking be used for that?

I work in lots of schools and see a fair few installations that have
been done like this. I'm not sure it is the best way of doing it but
plenty of people have done it (generally where things have been moved
unofficially by the school staff) and ive not seen anything go wrong
with it yet!.
I've seen everything in the same trunking too and it works fine (it
'works' but may not be sensible!).

My company do board and projector installations. We get a sparky in to
run a proper fused/switched supply up to the roof next to the
projector. It wouldnt cost you much to get this done.

I'm assuming that you also do not have asbestos in the ceilings like
most of the schools round here too!