Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default How to concoct "pickpocket proof(ish)" money/passport, well, thingie?

Saturday AM am heading off to Guatemala (2 wk Spanish course);
everything I read says there's PICPOCKETS GALORE down there.

Now, a waist-pack can probably have its belt cut in .5 seconds
with a arazor in the hands of one of these people.

(Or maybe not;' maybe it's the best you can do?)

Too late for me to go to a store (Manhattan, say) and
buy something, way too busy getting ready, etc.

So, what can be concocted at home?

I assume I am supposed to carry my passport at all times?

Thus, I should be able to carry that in whatever concoction.

I'd think that something worn UNDER the clothes would
be savest -- they've got to strip you clean to get at it!

Ideas? Experience?

THANKS!

David