Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Basic DC electricity question

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:19:54 +0000 (UTC),
(Larry) wrote:

The LEDs being produced today for illumination do not require any resistor.
They are connected directly to the battery or other power source.

That seems unlikely. There's probably a resistor somewhere. You may
have a LED module with built-in resistor (it's still a resistor, where
ever it is). Those modules are often being sold for use in flashlights
now (just replace the bulb). It could be the battery. Little batteries
(button cells) have significant internal resistance.

I actually tested that on a new LED (they're not THAT expensive). That
LED isn't working any more.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com