Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default SquareTrade

UCLAN wrote in :

bz wrote:

Anybody got info on the "SquareTrade" warranty service? I bought a new
VCR on ebay, and have been getting emails about a $19.99 3-year
extended warranty. Are they legit?

They sound like spammers (you didn't request or authorize them to
e-mail you did you?).

The initial email was sent by the selling vendor as an agent for
"SquareTrade."

Do you really want to do business with spammers?

As a rule, NO! But I don't *really* consider email from a vendor
I purchased a product from as SPAM.

Was it from the vendor that sold you the product? If so, it is probably
'legal spam'.

This seems to be organized by
ebay.

or someone harvested your e-mail address from ebay?

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap