Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default SquareTrade

Homer J Simpson wrote:

Anybody got info on the "SquareTrade" warranty service? I bought a new
VCR on ebay, and have been getting emails about a $19.99 3-year extended
warranty. Are they legit?

It depends on your definition of legit.

If the seller is good you don't need it.

If the seller is bad it won't help.

The seller of a product is rarely involved with warranty service,
especially when the product was purchased mail-order. The manufacturer
is responsible for warranty satisfaction.

BTW, Radio Shack once offered me a $5 warranty on a $1 mouse pad.

$19.99 for a 3-year warranty on a VCR seems like a good deal depending
on the terms. I read the Service Agreement at SquareTrade's site, and
I am not impressed. Too many loop-holes for them.

That is why I asked for others opinions on what type of a company they
are (ie. do they constantly use these loop-holes?)