Posted to rec.woodworking
John Flatley John Flatley is offline

Default If this is global warming...

I, too, was going to stay out of this discussion.
However...

I did nothing and I survived the "coming" Ice Age of
the seventies. I didn't even buy an extra sweater.

I did nothing and I survived the "coming" population
explosion and mass starvations of the eighties. My
bathroom scale says I didn't miss any meals.

I did nothing and I survived the "cumming" in the White
House in the nineties.

I have tried to keep an open mind on the "coming"
global warming of the new millennium. When the
proposed and infamous Kyoto treaty did not produce any
reduction in "air contamination" yet proposed
penalizing producing countries and rewarding
non-producing countries, I suspected another chicken
little plot to penalize the very successful countries.

I didn't sign up for a coming ice age.
I didn't sign up for famine and too many people.
I didn't sign up for extramarital sex in the White
House.
I won't sign up for global warming. (But it would be
okay if we signed a Toyota agreement, they are great
vehicles!)

But wait, I have just learned there is a killer
asteroid coming directly at the earth and it will
destroy us all in 2010. I hope I can get all my
woodworking projects done by then.

John Flatley
Jacksonville, Florida
--

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in
message ...
| Steve wrote:
|
| Show me a scientist who says that there is global
warming and I'll
| show you a hundred more who say that there are only
global cycles and
| a very dynamic planet that is constantly changing.
|
| I was going to stay out of this off-topic argument,
but the above is pure BS.
| Where were your hundreds of dissenters at the recent
global warming
| conference? I suspect you've got the ratios
reversed.