Posted to rec.woodworking
DouginUtah DouginUtah is offline

Default If this is global warming...

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Please identify one scientist who has received millions of dollars
from ExxonMobil for publishing disinformation in a peer-reviewed
journal.

===========
I never said one scientist has received millions of dollars. And the deniers
are not given credence in scientific journals.

Since you seem not to be inclined to look it up yourself , I typed :
ExxonMobil global warming deniers
into Google. The first item was:
http://www.motherjones.com/news/feat...ke_it_hot.html

It is not a scientific journal but they have facts to back up what they say.

"News: Forty public policy groups have this in common: They seek to
undermine the scientific consensus that humans are causing the earth to
overheat. And they all get money from ExxonMobil."

An excerpt:
"Mother Jones has tallied some 40 ExxonMobil-funded organizations that
either have sought to undermine mainstream scientific findings on global
climate change or have maintained affiliations with a small group of
"skeptic" scientists who continue to do so."

However, I'm sure you will not allow this to undermine your skepticism. But
you were civil, so I have replied.

(BTW, I have over 400 people blocked in the two newsgroups I read regularly.
Chances are I won't see responses to my posts, especially if you are not
civil or are an idiot, IMNSHO.)

-Doug