Posted to rec.woodworking
celticsoc celticsoc is offline

Default If this is global warming...

On Feb 14, 4:57�pm, Chris Friesen wrote:
wrote:
All right guys, settle down. *The experts have said we have global
warming, so you are gonna believe it and like it.

I'm sure everyone is aware of this, but just in case...

The concept of global warming is just that...a global annual average.
Those who predict it are *also* predicting more extreme weather in
general. *So its quite possible to both have global warming and harsh
winters.

Chris

The concept was recently amended to "climate change". Probably due to
the fact there was an ice age preicted 30 years ago, and when the
evidence started to point in a different direction, they went with
"global warming". Now they have come to the realization that they
can't really predict such things, and the pendulum might swing again.
Therefore, they need an all-encompassing term for their fear-
mongering.

The problem I have is that there seems ot be a general objective
consensus that temperatures may be rising, but there is far from a
consensus on cause, particularly in light of the fact that the earth's
history has shown repeated episodes of climate extremes with no
possibility of human intervention. Yet we are supposed to
dramatically change the way we operate in the US while other countries
are not going to be bound by the same constraints.

Seems more like politics to me...