Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default Inkjet ink removal

John wrote:
Having trouble with the Epson Printer and got some ink on my jeans.

Probably did the wrong thing and washed them - ink remained - tried Meths
and Vanish - washed again - ink still there.

Any suggestions?

This isn't much help to you but it might help others.

It you want to wash something out like water-based ink always wash it
COLD. Many of the pigments set into fabric with heat, even quite low
heats (30-40).

I remember my Art master at school telling us this with respect to water
colour and poster paints - water based yes, but they set if washed hot.
The idea was to tell mum before she took the school to task for ruining
the uniform. I've often had good success with cold washing water
soluble stains.

R.