Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,uk.telecom.mobile
Sam Nelson Sam Nelson is offline

Default Southern Electric say each mobile phone charger uses 100kWhours a DAY!

In article ,
"John" writes:
Many manufacturers have been aspiring to the "1 Watt Initiative" for some
years.

Even my old 28" CRT only uses 0.8w on standby.

Ancient Sony 25" (4:3) CRT here, which when run through a plugin power
meter, registers absolutely flat 0 on standby. Not a flicker. I guess
that means 0.something, but considering the newer Panny 29"WS flickers
from 0W to 1W on standby with the same meter, it must be 0.somethingsmall.

The Green Campaigners are out of touch

Duh, yeah.
--
SAm.