Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fluorescent Lighting For Cold Conditions

On Feb 15, 7:51�am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
Lyle2254 wrote:
I am considering an addition to my garage and have started to think
about what I would like to have for lighting when I complete the
construction. Like most people I want a brightly lite area with low
up front cost and low electrical consumption. *Plus a system that
works well in cold weather. *This structure may not be heated at all
times and I would like to flip the switch and have the lights to work
instantly with out a major delay and extented flicker. *I have been
told that my best choice in *fluorescent lighting would be 4 foot
T-8's with high power ballasts?

* * First you need to get over the low cost and high quality and proper
function thing. *The ones that work will not be low cost.

* * There are a number of possible good choices. *You just need to make sure
the fixutres are cold rated and you use the lamps called for. * They will
not be the cheepies.

--
Joseph Meehan

*Dia 's Muire duit

My shed has fluroscents, in zero temps lights didnt come on for long
time.

So I added a few regular incandescents for instant on light.

Hopefully I DONT need in my unheated shed often in such weather. Its
16 by 20 I use it for storage