Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wall retrofitting: handling pipes and other obstacles

On Feb 15, 8:43�am, "David Bonnell" wrote:
Building walls in a full (concrete basement). *There are 2" drain
pipes running from ceiling to floor, with very little gap between pipe
and concrete wall (maybe 1/4").

How does one build a stud wall around these obstacles? *I was planning
on using 1" polybead (as a thermal/moisture barrier) against the
concrete and a 2x4 (insulated) stud wall.

Obviously, I can't place polybead behind the 2" pipe. *Any ideas on
how I should proceed?

Cheers,
Dave

first clean then paint walls with dry lock paint as a layer of
protection

10 mil plastic sheet over entire wall all outside walls overlapped at
double taped at seams.

If you have ANY moisture problems FIX THEM BEFORE PROCEEDING!!! I cant
stress this enough! A minor trickle of water in a open basement will
be a coming disaster in a nice room.

Have you considered a ingress egress window/s, they make the space a
legal bedroom upping your homes value