Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default do not shop home depot

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:29:33 -0800, wrote:

On 13 Feb 2007 13:21:50 -0800,

On 13 Feb 2007 12:45:55 -0800,

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:17:13 -0500, "Zephyr" Someguy@an email address.com wrote:

perhaps they were less than charitable based on your on again off again
ordering status.
maybe they would have been more willing to work with you if you hadn't had
the previous history...?

When I had my reno business I learned that companies substituting was bad news when I
had a customer of my own to please. I started writing NO SUBSTITUTIONS on the orders
and I still do.

Somehow I think there is more to this story. What model number is
called out on the order and what is the model number actually
received? Did you use it before telling them you wanted to send it
back?

The way I see he placed the order then canceled it only later to renew it. In the
mean time Home Depot had probably switched to a different model of machine.
It was his fault to not ask if the model was still available at the time he renewed
the order.

It's not up to HD to decide to switch models on a buyer and send
something else. If he ordered one model and they wanted to sub
something else when he replaced the order they have to ask if a
different model is acceptable.

They don't do that. They don't put things on hold. If the order arrives at the
warehouse and the stock is gone they sub with the replacement, if them deem it equal
or better..
To delay the order waiting for the customer to ok the sub would **** off more
customers than it would please.

OK, but then they take a risk for the ones that they ship the wrong
thing too. They still should make good, and they should calculate the
price of making good along with the savings of not asking first for
those who *are* satisfied.

They ask now for home phone and work phone, and everyone has an
answering service of some sort. So it should only add another day at
most. If they answer the phone it might only add another hour, which
will sometimes mean anothr day.