Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Starlite Consumer Products DVD Player question

I have a 95 day old (90 day warranty) DVD player that intermittently
refuses to read dvds. Typically, after 4 or 5 loading tries, the disc
is finally recognized. When it fails, the LED lights up, the carriage
moves back and forth many times, the tv shows loading, and then
finally gives a no-disc signal on the tv. After I removed the cover,
nothing changed. I have pushed on all the cables and sockets, and
also pushed on the various PWBs, all with no changes noted.

Any suggestions besides adding to the next grbage collection.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann