Posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Southern Electric say each mobile phone charger uses 100kWhours a DAY!

On 14 Feb 2007 18:03:57 GMT someone who may be "Bob Eager"
wrote this:-

Add in the fact that for a lot of that 24 hours the TV would be on
anyway.

Rather depends on the household. I suspect that many are only
watched for a few hours a day, as most people have better things to
do with their time.

Then also the fact that many people turn the TV off when asleep
or not at home.

An increasing number probably do. However, this is only since
campaigns against leaving things on standby started. However, it is
probably true that houses where televisions are watched a lot are
also the ones where they are left on standby when not on.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh