Posted to alt.home.repair
2600 2600 is offline

Default snow blower repair

"Lyle2254" u31763@uwe wrote in message news:6dd1e548c1baa@uwe...
bob wrote:
This is my first post. I have a 1973 Case snow blower attachment for
a Case 220 garden tractor. After many years of clearing New York
winter snows from my 150 foot driveway, this is not "blowing" snow,
but more like "dribbling" it. I'm aware that all snow is not the
same, but after 34 years of use, I know it is sick. MY QUESTION is:
What should the clearance be between the auger and the housing? This
might be called "gauging" the auger? I would appreciate all tips on
what the setting should be, and the best way to do it. There are
adjustments on the auger shaft.....any tricks on this???
Thank you....Bob

I need more info on this blower and model of tractor. Is this a front
mount
blower? Is the blower shaft driven from a hydro case or is it belt driven
som
where? My thinking is that something is sli[pping or the blower is not
getting full power. Plus check the bearings, do they turn smoothly, can
you
grease them or are they sealed. Thats where I would start but then again
maybe you have checked all of this out already

Here is a site I came across last week, for a snowblower impeller kit.
Havent tried them, so I dont know if they work or not
http://smllengns.tripod.com/